Saturday, October 17, 2015

All the Billboard #1s Ever: "Mr. Sandman" The Chordettes

Aaaaah, nice way to start this out. Something I have heard before. And actually, a song most over the age of 25 have probably heard due to it's inclusion in Back To The Future.

The Chordettes were a pretty reliable hit maker from this song up until "Lollipop" a few years later, then they fell out of fashion like pretty much anything that could have hit in 1940 (which Mr. Sandman for sure could have).

A pleasant enough song for sure. Strangely I figured it would have had more than just the sax and piano (and is that a high hat) sprinkled throughout for some reason. This song is basically some acapella singing by the ladies. I think it should get some additional points due to being in one of the best films ever made, as well as being something I would sing to myself when I needed to sleep as a kid.

Grade: 6

No comments:

Post a Comment