Monday, August 17, 2015

Brrrrrraaaaappaadooo

I am super amped up, for I get to watch pro wrestling live and in person tonight. More specifically, I get to watch WWE Raw, and it's the Go Home (AKA last) show before their SummerSlam Pay Per View. So it's going to be dope.

Pro wrestling is something that is looked down on by the majority of polite society. And honestly, it's pretty hard to hold something up as a paradigm of high entertainment with shit like this going on:



My reaction to that was the opposite of polite society. Where most would say "well I never", I would say "it is awesome that those dudes super kicked an 8 year old. So heel!" Maybe it's because I'm Minnesotan and like 9/10s of the wrestlers from the 80s and 90s came from the cities directly around me. Maybe it's because I delivered Mr. Perfect's Brooklyn Park Sun-Post when I was a paperboy in the 90s. I don't know exactly why, but I know that I am drawn to wrestling's mix of theatre and athletic contest.

Anyways, it's going to be a beautiful night. And then I will go on the message boards and bitch, piss, whine and moan about the fact that my favorite wrestlers aren't getting pushed properly. Such is life...

2 comments:

  1. On some strange level I think Pro Wrestling is the a cousin from up North of Ballet. The soap opera comparison fits as well, but the in ring work done well is an art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wrestling is a very odd middle ground of a lot of things. Gets covered as a sport sometimes, as TMZ bullshit others depending on what it suits

    ReplyDelete