Saturday, August 8, 2015

Ooooooh Ooooooh Ooooohhh Oooooh, Lawd I Miss You

It's been three years since I posted on a blog. Well, what have I been up to in that time? Since the last blog post, I have gotten married, had a kid, bought a house, rekindled my love for pro wrestling, drank many beers, and had three different jobs. I suppose the only constants in my life have been purchasing copious amounts of music, drinking beer, and being a disappointed Minnesota sports fan.

Oh, and the 2004 Ford Focus I bought after my Sophomore year of college. Yeah, that is still around (200,000 miles and running).

So what drew me back to spilling my guts to tens of random strangers on the internet? Probably a lack of creative release, maybe a need to spill my ideas on pop culture of the moment (holy shit, I missed out on the ascendance of Taylor Swift and the fall of Lady Gaga). Maybe it will be a good record for my daughter someday to see what daddy was thinking about when she was obsessing over Doc McStuffins and learning to count to 3. I don't totally know for sure.

Nor do I know what I will write about or how often. But I assure you, I will provide some rants and random thoughts (and hell, maybe even recipes!) on this bad boy. And of course, music. No matter how much my life changes, my love of other people's musical talent will never change.

2 comments: