Friday, September 11, 2015

Ruffles New Packaging

As far back as I can remember, Ruffles have had the same package. My memories seem to go back to 1987, when I would ride around with my grandma while she collected coins from her laundromats and as a treat I would get a quarter bag of cheddar and sour cream Ruffles from a vending machine. They are the most perfect of chips, flawless like a victory by Kung Lao over Cyrax.

This commercial pretty much sums up the perfect Ruffles era. And it still pisses me off because I cannot roll my tongue.



My world came crashing down last night at Target. Because Ruffles changed their package. What the sweet fresh hell is this?:




This looks like some generic dollar store/bodega isn. Seriously, what intern did they get to design this package? For shame Frito-Lay, why would you mess with perfection? The bag on the left is regal, classic, and makes me want to house these chips while crying about relationship problems drunk off my ass at 5AM (NOTE: that may or may not have happened like 5 years ago). The new bag makes me want to shop at a Dollar Tree. I mean, I will probably still buy them frequently, but the regality of the Ruffle is now lessened!

No comments:

Post a Comment